The annual voluntary sector and volunteering research conference will be taking place on 8th – 9th September 2015 at Leeds Beckett University in the UK and the call for papers is now open!
VSSN have again partnered with the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and the Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR) to organise the conference, which draws academics, practitioners and policy makers from across the UK and internationally.
We’ve worked hard this year to reach out to a wide range of people. It’s an interdisciplinary conference which will be of interest to all those researching issues related to voluntary organisations and volunteering. This might include disciplines such as social policy, geography, economics, psychology or politics but is completely open. You absolutely don’t, however, need to be a researcher based within a University to get involved and we’re really keen to receive abstracts from those with backgrounds in voluntary sector organisations, policy, think tanks and consultancy.
You can submit a paper, or propose a whole session. We would welcome papers presenting research regarding any aspect of the voluntary sector and volunteering, but here are some themes we’re particularly keen to receive submissions on:
- Civil society and democracy: new challenges and opportunities?
- Volunteering and participation in times of change: past, present and future?
- Grassroots voluntary activity in challenging times: past perspectives and new forms?
- Diversity, inequalities and the voluntary sector: uneven engagement and impacts?
- Social welfare and voluntary services: evolving relationships between civil society, the state and the market?
- Funding the future? Funding, fundraising and philanthropy in challenging times
- Voluntary sector governance and management: relationships within and across organisations
- Education and training in and on the voluntary sector: what do we know? What do we need?
- New directions in theoretical debates and research methods: learning from diverse perspectives?
The deadline for abstracts is on .
We hope to receive an abstract from you, and to see you at the conference!