VSSN membership is for those who undertake research on the UK voluntary sector or who have an interest in using the outcomes of such research. At present the membership includes academics, independent researchers and research managers in UK voluntary organisations, umbrella bodies and government. Membership is open to anyone over 18 who supports the aims and pays the current subscription.
Benefits of membership include:
- You’ll belong to a network of like-minded individuals who care about voluntary sector research
- The additional option for New Researchers to join a dedicated sub-network, attend discussion groups and support sessions, and attend the annual conference at a reduced rate
- Updates to members via the VSSN newsletter
- A subscription to a paper copy of the Voluntary Sector Review journal, featuring the latest research by leading researchers working in this field
- A generous discount on entry to our and research annual conference as well as other events
- A vote at any major decisions raised at the annual general meeting and towards the election of trustees
- The ability to bid for small amounts of funding through our small grants programme
- Providing support for VSSN to meet its mission statement, including organising a range of events and networking opportunities (many of which are free to attend), providing online resources, and amplifying research on the sector
Organisational membership adds to the benefits that individuals get. It’s open to smaller charities or voluntary/community groups and requires the approval of the Steering Group. It allows up to five representatives from the same organisation to receive similar benefits to individual members.