VSSN membership is for those who undertake research on the UK voluntary sector or who have an interest in using the outcomes of such research. At present the membership includes academics, independent researchers and research managers in UK voluntary organisations, umbrella bodies and government. Membership is open to anyone over 18 who supports the aims and pays the current subscription.
Benefits of membership include:
- Much-reduced rates at our day conferences
- A free subscription to Voluntary Sector Review
- Giving support to VSSN’s objects
- An annual vote for in the election of the Steering Group
- An annual vote in the election of the Journal Editorial Board
- Eligibility to stand as candidates in the above elections
- Entitlement to appear in the directory and network interactively with others
- Entitlement to an entry in the courses guide
The key responsibilities of membership we ask in return are simply to:
- Engage with other members in a collegiate manner whilst not avoiding critical debate
- Where the services of VSSN carry a price tag (such as the meetings), pay up promptly and cheerfully
- Encourage other researchers doing work about the sector to join
- Communicate any bright ideas or problems relating to VSSN
- Respond to an annual e-mail asking you if you still wish to be enrolled as a member.
Organisational membership adds to the benefits that individuals get. It’s open to smaller charities or voluntary/community groups and requires the approval of the Steering Group. It allows up to five representatives from the same organisation to receive similar benefits to individual members.