- Is there a faith sector? (pp. 111 - 117)
Torry, Reverend Malcolm
- Book Reviews (pp. 127 - 135)
- The government's relations with the voluntary sector: what next? An interview with the Right Honourable Alun Michael MP (pp. 119 - 126)
- Councils for Voluntary Service: the end of a long road? (pp. 103 - 110)
- Editorial (pp. 3 - 4)
- An interview with Nicholas Deakin (pp. 5 - 13)
Rochester, Colin; Jochum, Véronique
- The changing fortunes of community (pp. 15 - 34)
- Revisiting advocacy by non-profit organisations (pp. 35 - 49)
Pekkanen, Robert; Smith, Steven Rathgeb
- From the alternative society to the Big Society? Voluntary organisations and drug services in Britain, 1960s–2010s (pp. 51 - 66)
- Public benefit and charitable status: assessing a 20-year process of reforming the primary legal framework for voluntary activity in the UK (pp. 67 - 91)
Morgan, Gareth G.
- Big Society contractors? Big questions for voluntary organisations (pp. 93 - 101)
Purkis, Andrew J.